Friday, February 17, 2012

Karina Kantas - Huntress

Karina Kantas is with us today to tell us about her book Huntress.



Where do you currently live?
Corfu Greece

Tell us a little bit about your life.
I'm from the midlands UK. I moved to Greece after meeting my (now) husband while on holiday here. We have two girls, one is 8 and the other is 2 and a half.

When did you first start writing?
I've been writing stories since high school. Probably since 15-16

What was your very first story about?
I think my first ever story was about a fairground ride the Waltzer that spun so fast it flew off the ride and into the future. The two riders then had a great adventure.

Have you written anything that you were too afraid to let anyone read?
Some erotica. I don't let anyone read it.

Did you experience anything you’ve written yourself?
Write about what you know, there's less research that way. And you can get a lot of closure by writing about the past. Yes, my experiences are always mixed in with my writing.

What kind of education have you received, and how has that affected your writing?
I passed my GCSE then went onto college and did a diploma in sales and admin. So my education hasn't had an impact to my writing.

How much research time customarily goes into your projects?
It all depends on what genre I'm working on. and what is happening with the plot. For example Stone Cold which is a supernatural thriller, is based in Scotland, so I researched where this was to take place, culture and food it also has archaeology involved so I have to research that as well as the supernatural element. Thanks to the internet it doesn't take too long.

Who is your favorite character of your own creation?
Ice. She's one of the Kittnz from Lawless Justice my vigilante urban thriller. She's tough and smart but she struggles to lead a double life.

If you were ever to write an autobiography, what would its title be?
Life As She Knows It.

Tell us about your featured book.
Huntress is my latest urban thriller published by MMP. It's about a female journalist who goes undercover in an outlaw motorcycle club, hoping to get revenge for what the club did to her family.

Why did you write that?
My fans begged me for a sequel to In Times of Violence but I didn't want to continue with Jade and Marcus's story. This was a closed chapter. They had left the bikers lifestyle behind and although they attempted to stop their daughter Sofi from living the lifestyle, it was in her blood.

Is there anything special you would like your potential readers to know?
I write about life. What is was like and what it is like now. I don't bend the truth and I don't sugar coat it either. My novels are fast paced exciting reads. I hope you enjoy them.

If you could pick one thing about yourself that would be passed onto your child, what would it be?
Artistic talent, which my eight year old is already displaying. She has a great voice, (like her mum) and her art is very abstract.

Name one movie that always has a huge effect on you. Why do you think that is?
There are two. The Outsiders and The Lost Boys. Both are about rebel teenagers trying to find themselves, and both have delicious eye candy. Just the brotherhood and friendship and how the movie makes you feel for these bad boys. The characters are unforgettable.

What’s one thing you’ve always wanted to try, but never have?
Jumping out a an airplane but it would never happen. I'd never be able to get my foot out the door.

What is your favorite thing to do when you have a day to yourself?
Sleep. I'm a night person so I could sleep all day if I had the chance. And that's when I come up with my best ideas.

When were you most scared in your life, and why?
I'm petrified of earthquakes. Anytime the house shakes I end up in tears.

What is the most beautiful thing you’ve ever seen?
My two children as I held them in my arms for the first time.

You’ve been given the opportunity to give a televised speech which will be broadcast on all networks, what do you speak about?
The corruption in Greece. I will speak on behalf of the Greek people and the ex pats that live here. Now's the time to be heard.

What was/is your favorite thing about your childhood home?
I miss the UK summer fetes and festivals. I used to love summer in England.

First thing you’d do if you were handed a million dollars?
I would book a world cruise as it's a big place and I haven't had a chance to see any of it yet. And then buy a place in the Lake District UK where I could go and work on my novels without interruptions.



A very big thanks to Karina for being with us. Please click your way over to her novel below.


No comments:

Post a Comment