Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Lisa Follett - One True Love


It is our pleasure to welcome Lisa Follett to the site, promoting her book One True Love.


What is your name?  
Lisa Follett, Duchess of Dreams

How old are you?
 
It is the height of impropriety to ask a lady her age.

Where do you currently live? 
I live in Austenland (It is shaped like Texas).

Tell us a little bit about your life. 
I have an heir, but not a spare. My son is attending university, and my daughter is studying ballet. I am married to the Duke of Dreams. He dreams every night that I sell a million books so that he may retire from his position as an accountant.

When did you first start writing? 
I was still in the schoolroom when I discovered my passion for romance writing.

What was your very first story about? 
My teacher allowed me to choose a picture as a writing prompt. I chose a picture of a beach. I wrote a story about a boy and a girl strolling along the beach holding hands. I got into a great deal of trouble for writing such a scandalous piece.

Have you written anything that you were too afraid to let anyone read? 
I would tell you, but I am too frightened.

Did you experience anything you’ve written yourself? 
Well, I am not exactly an innocent.

Who are several of your greatest literary inspirations? 
Jane Austen, of course.

What kind of education have you received, and how has that affected your writing? 
I have a master's degree in reading. I read over 500 Regency romances before I attempted to write my first one.

How much research time customarily goes into your projects? 
According to my husband, I am not doing near enough research. I disagree. We argue the point, research it together, then I write. This occurs more often than not.

Tell us about your featured book. 
In One True Love, Lord William Prescott is in want of a wife. Unfortunately, the woman he wants is betrothed.

Why did you write that? 
If every man who possesses a fortune is in want of a wife, then why does every hero avoid the marriage shackles? Of course, I cannot stroke my hero's ego by giving him what he wants (at least not right away).

Is there anything special you would like your potential readers to know? 
I do believe I was influenced by Katie Perry's Hot n' Cold song. You must read One True Love to understand the subtle impression made on my story when the song was stuck in my head.
Where is the one place you’ve traveled where you’ve felt most like you fit in? 
I have been to Chautauqua, New York. It is a cultural amusement park for grown-ups. Chautauqua is my modern day, American version of Bath.

What activity or hobby, besides writing, do you find most enjoyable? 
I have a passion for the theatre, ballet, and musicals.

What was your favorite childhood toy? 
My grandmother gave me a Lazy Daisy doll when I was seven. We got along quite well together. I still have her, but she is naked now. I have no idea what happened to her clothes. It is beyond the pale.

What is your most valued personal possession in life? Who gave it to you? My flash drive(s).

If you lost the ability to see every color but one, which one would it be? Pink

How do you treat people you’re not fond of? 
I give them the cut direct.

What is hiding in your closet as we speak? 
An original 1914 London map. Please, do not tell my husband. It was rather expensive.

What do you see as your greatest achievement? 
Reaching "The End".

What, to you, is absolutely wrong? 
I do not advocate the mistreatment of children or animals.

What is the best advice you’ve ever received? 
Perseverance is my best friend.

If you had to explain the concept of “love” to someone who’s never heard of it before, how would you? 
I would simply give them a copy of One True Love.

What about “hate?” 
It is the opposite of love.

You’ve decided to buy an exotic pet, what do you go for? 
I already have two exotic pets. They are cats. One is fat, lazy, and demanding. The other is thin, frisky, and easily frightened.

What do you classify as an “Adventure?” 
I would like to go to London Town and meet the queen.

If you could learn one new thing instantly, what would it be? 
I would like to know how to use the remote control to the TV. My children are tired of turning it on for me.

Finish this sentence. “I sometimes find it hard to…” 
I sometimes find it hard to keep my mind focused on one task.

Who is your most favorite literary character? 
Elizabeth Bennett

Who is your favorite character of your own creation? 
Lord William Prescott

If you were ever to write an autobiography, what would its title be? 
Music of My Own

What if it was a biography of your favorite person?
I do not play favorites.

Name three things about that person that influenced or inspired you.
I have been influenced by many people, books, TV shows, and movies.

To be or not to be?
To be free to write with passion whenever I choose.

Our thanks to Lisa for sitting through that inquisition. Click your way to over her book, which is available in paperback and ebook format, right now. It's so close to your cursor...you know you want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment